tisdag 5 augusti 2008

The Beginning of My Adventure

Welcome to a year with Ann, moi, spent in the city of Linköping, Sweden. I've so far I've been in Sweden since June 13th, so I thought now after almost 2 months of being in Sweden to start a blogg. I haven't actually been in Linköping, but I've been in the little town of Åhus, Skåne, in the southern part of Sweden. The weathers been a disaster until just about 2 weeks ago, i actually got a tan! But of course as i drive up to Linköping the rain feels like coming out, agian. It's way nicer than the home state of Texas though where its 40 degrees celcius.
I've been waiting for as long as i can remember for this journey to begin, and now that it's finally here it actually feels wierd to think that i won't see my family or friends("5GT") them for such a long time.
I just got to my 2nd rotary camp just yesterday in the city of Vimmerby where the population is only 12,000 or so people and is most known for Astrid Lindgrens World(the author of Pippi Longstocking). I'm here with 6 other exchange students from all over the world; 3 from USA(including myself), 1 from India, 1 from Brazil, and 2 from Japan. One other guy is supposed to come on Thursday from Mexico. I never would of expected it to be soo comforting to meet people who are doing the same thing as me. I still have till Friday to go "home"(the some day as the ceremony of the olymipcs!!), so i haven't been able to really settle in yet.
So until next time.
Love,
Ann

Inga kommentarer: